Monday, July 28, 2008

7 Days

1. Tore out ten more feet of fence, and one post. This post was heavier; had to wheel it to my dump staging area.
2. Removed the sod to create a 5' x 8' garden.
3. Enjoyed There Will Be Blood & Trailer Park Boys. The latter I watched twice.
4. Visited Jen and we picked up a surprised Mark while waiting for the bus. Hit Talrico's. Nobody told me everyone is moving Westside!
6. Saw C at the bus stop next morning because I was getting to work with a hungover turtle's momentum. Chatted her up.
7. Pre-ordered my iPhone; the story changes whether I get to keep my old number or not. On a happier note, my company provides a nice discount on the monthly AT&T bill.
8. I begin writing Mercurial U; doubt I'll publish it.
9. See C at bus stop again, this time I'm really kicking myself for not asking her number or something like that...I sometimes forget how shy I am. I keep leaving it to chance, that I'll see her again...
10. Visited Marika. Briefly.
11. Rethinking beard. According to Just for Men, and my co-worker Ray, 'Gray gets no play.'
12. Saw S, who I haven't seen for years. After hearing about the split, he shares his own anecdote implying that he saw something wasn't right...something that annoys me a bit, since it only reinforces this idea that I was the only person in the world who didn't get that something was wrong. And I'm hearing this from someone drunk, at the video store, at 8 pm.
13. My sister dropped off the karaoke CDs, and Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. I really need to give that thing a chance.
14. Rented and watched Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex (But Were Afraid to Ask). I've avoided Woody's 70's stuff until now. It was better than I was expecting.
15. My parents visit. They give me a lot of ideas for the yard.
16. Rented and watched The Notorious Betti Page. Gretchn Mol. A beautifully shot film.
17. I go to market. I replace last week's flowers with new ones. I buy rasberries that will go bad over the next 4 hours.
18. I dig a 25-30' trench on the north side of my house. It is right against the foundation, so I'm always digging on my right side. I submerge a draining pipe that has rested above ground - rather tackily - since the day I moved in (1999). I'm surprised it only took a day, starting after noon, to complete the project.
19. Neighbor interrupts to talk about the trees in the backyard. He wants to add on to his house, and might have his removed. This would weaken the roots for my 2 trees (and derail some of my landscaping plans out back). Or, he might just move. But if I have to remove mine? 5-7,000 dollars. I've been attracting a lot of 7K 'surprises' lately.
20. Wendy visits, and it is great to hear how well she is doing.
21. I sleep terribly. I awake at 01:30 and check in with a deployment; I wake at 05:30 to finish it off. Usually when I'm this sore, I sleep the just sleep, but I think my BG got low in the middle of the night.
22. My soreness continues.

2 comments:

Snotty McSnotterson said...

A good 7 days, even if I wasn't on that list NEARLY enough. Plus, you didn't get mugged or kicked like a dog, so I win. Wait, what kind of victory is THAT?!

I liked the beard. But then again, I'm pro-mountain man and anti-choir boy.

You weren't getting any play anyways.

Manthony said...

Grey gets no play? Not always true... You could go the "silver fox" route like Anderson Cooper. Although I guess he doesn't have a beard. But still.